Dengue fever is now spreading across. Dengue fever is spread by Aedes mosquito which bites only during the day. Dengue fever becomes dangerous when the platelet count drops below 20,000. Normally the blood platelet count must be between one and a half lakh and four lakh. So it is critical that you check your blood and take medical help. If your fever is not under control seek medical help immediately.
“There are three types of syndrome. One is the dengue fever, the second is dengue haemorrhage where there is incessant bleeding and the last and perhaps the most risky is dengue shock syndrome where the person comes down with low blood pressure and collapses.”
Dengue Fever Symptoms
“The symptoms of dengue fever range from common ones like fever, rash, nausea, vomiting to more severe warning signs like bleeding in the gums, skin, abdominal pain, restlessness and drowsiness.”
Home remedies to fight Dengue Fever
- Amruthavalli plant grows easily and widely. It boosts immunity. Clean and chop the leaves in small pieces. Soak about 20 to 25 gms of the same in water overnight. Drink only the water mixed, with a tinge of honey, the next morning.
- Pomegranate helps boost the blood platelet count.
- Lemon grass oil prevents mosquitoes from biting.
- Grind papaya leaf and drink its juice at least thrice a day when infected with dengue.
- Increased consumption of green gram also helps.
- It will help to add supplements of Vitamin C to increase resistance power. Foods rich in Vitamin C such as lime, gooseberry and musambi are the best protection against dengue.
Some other things to do to contain the spread of dengue fever is to keep your surroundings clean, using mosquito nets or mosquito repellents etc.
Disclaimer: Don’t consider this post as Medical advice, it is better to go to a doctor and seek medical advice and treatment for dengue fever. It’s risky, if you neglect it.
Source: Deccan Herald