Do you have BSNL broadband connection? Now you can sign up for BSNL web conferencing facility . BSNL now offers this service in different cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, etc. Unlike conventional web conferencing, you don’t need any special hardware or connection, you can use your ordinary webcam, computer, headphone with microphone and web conferencing software. Now it is easy to conduct your web conference from your home or office.
According to BSNL portal the BSNL Web conferencing offers these facilities
- Multi point Video Conferencing.
- Data Conferencing through Power point presentation, White board & document sharing and chat.
- Storage of Data in virtual meeting rooms: – for use by authorized participants, before, during & after a conference.
- Recording & retrieval of a conferencing session’s audio and video transcripts.
- Password protected, user created secured meeting rooms – Always available (i.e., persistent) that facilitates instantaneous setting up of conference, simulates physical room convenience.
- The Primary speaker selection ensures good quality multipoint conferencing on a single duplex data connection, by managing bandwidth.
First, you need to have BSNL broadband connection in order to activate this service. Download the application form from BSNL website and apply. After this you will get an email with your username, password and activation code.
Second, you need to download and setup the web conferencing software. The manual gives directions how to do it.
Third, after setting up, your can setup web conferences. If you are a regular user, you can opt for different plans and tariffs for web conferencing. If you use once in a while besides one time registration, per minute will cost Rs.12.
It is great that BSNL is offering such value added services for BSNL Broadband customers.