10 Things Abdul Kalam Wanted Every Indian Should Do
We lost a true patriot of India: A P J Abdul Kalam .
“A true patriot today is the man who hates India in its present plight and does something about it and not the man who proclaims that India is the greatest nation and does nothing to relieve its misery” said Abraham Eraly.
Kalam hated the present plight of India and wanted to change it. Rather than enjoying the Presidential privileges he traveled across India and ignited thousands of students to dream of a developed India.
Dream, Dream, Dream
Dreams transform into thoughts
And thoughts result in action
He always challenged the students to dream big and to take action to develop our country.
He wanted every Indian should take this oath.
1. I will pursue my education or the work with dedication and I will excel in it.
2. I will teach at least ten persons who cannot read or write to do so.
3. I will plant at least ten saplings and ensure their growth through constant care. .
4. I will visit rural and urban areas and work hard to permanently wean away at least five persons from addiction and gambling.
5. I will constantly endeavour to remove the pain of my suffering brethren.
6. I will not support any religious, caste or language differentiation.
7. I will be honest and set an example for others to follow.
8. I will work towards becoming an enlightened citizen and make my family righteous. I will respect all women and support women’s education.
9. I will always be a friend of the mentally and physically challenged, and will work hard to make them feel like the rest of us.
10. I will proudly celebrate the success of my country and my people.
Will you take this oath as a tribute to this true patriot of our country?
Here are two books you should read by APJ Abdul Kalam to understand his vision for a developed India.